Sheetz Bad K-1 Kerosene

Update added by user Nov 08, 2014

Pissed Consumer has asked me if this complaint about Sheetz has been resolved.NO it has not been resolved..Sheetz will not answer Emails from the BBB,Pissed Consumer,or myself..Sheetz does not care about customers all they care about is money and to *** with their customers!!

Update added by user Oct 24, 2014

Filed complaint with BBB and Sheetz never even answered the BBB email..Some company Sheetz is..Not a member of the BBB and Sheetz just ignores complaints filed against them..Very Poor company.

So if you are dealing with any Sheetz and have a problem expect to get nowhere with them!! You will be on your own and if it costs you your hard earned money don't expect to get a dime From SHEETZ!!

Original review posted by user Oct 09, 2014

On August 29th 2014 I bought $125 of K-1 Kerosene for my indoor Kerosene heaters to start getting ready for winter.I had just put new wicks in my 3 heaters and was doing the "burn in" of the wicks only to get a very bad smell.I checked the K-1 Kerosene I had just bought and noticed that the Kerosene was off color yellow instead of clear like it should be.I contacted Sheetz and was told to use the kerosene in my furnace and that they would send me a $15 gift card.Living on a fixed income I could not afford to take a $125 loss and use the kerosene in my furnace that would only last a week in cold winter weather where as it would last a whole month if I could have used it in my indoor Kerosene heaters.Not only am I out the $125 for the kerosene,I also have to buy new wicks for my indoor heaters at $10.95 each plus shipping.

Sheetz says that Customer service is first with them but in reallity they do not care at all about customers!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Poor Quality Kerosene
Review category
review #544299 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sheetz? Submit review ›
Helpful? 11 Yes 11 0 No 0
Had the same issue 14 Yes 14
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 05 #1139932

I agree Sheetz kero. Is not clear as K1 should be. Their kero. gave me problems .I contacted Sheetz and was informed K1 is straw colored .I know this is wrong but that is their position

Jan 21 #1098555

FOR BALLEN 3, I THINK......try the Public Service Commission as well. Bureau of Weights and Measures too. call anybody that has to do with regulating businesses in some way. there are government agencies that do keep tabs on businesses so that consumers dont get bent over ALL the time.

Nov 08, 2014 #897195 Cleveland, Ohio

I bought a couple gallons of Sheetz kerosene from the pump. It's labeled as 1-K and not cloudy, but has a definite yellow tint and strong odor. Is it safe to burn in my indoor Kero Heater?

Nov 08, 2014 #897253 Mercer, Pennsylvania

Seems you may have the same problem as I had..I could sit here and type all night but I will point you in the best place to answer all your questions..Look up Miles Stair's Wick Shoppe..Everything you ever wanted to know about all things Kerosene can be found there..Miles is the most informative person I have had the pleasure to talk with and get info from.So before you use that Sheetz Kerosene and take a chance of ruining your wick or something worse like what happened here a few years ago when a Amish family got tainted Kerosene and it blew up killing a young girl.
Hope this info helps you. Best of the Holiday Season to You and Yours!!

Nov 12, 2014 #899446 Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks for all this information. You think I shouldn't try this Sheetz kerosene in my heater? I've been using that clear K-1 from Walmart, but it costs about $10 per gallon.

Nov 08, 2014 #897257 Mercer, Pennsylvania

I should add that I do not know where the Amish bought the tainted Kerosene but it was tracked down to a faulty valve at a main distributor plant.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sheetz. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sheetz.
Filing a new complaint about